The processing of your data is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests of By Word of Mouth. Our privacy statement outlines what this means in practice and explains how By Word of Mouth collects, stores, manages and protects your data.
The data we hold
If you are a client or employee, most of the data we hold would have been provided by you. This may include some or all of the following:
- Your name, title, gender and date of birth
- Your home address, email address and telephone numbers
- Health information
Some of the personal data we hold about you has been provided by you during interactions with our employees namely:
- Updates to your contact details. Address, email and phone
- Records of verbal or email conversations/meetings, including personal and philanthropic interests
- Your family and partner/spousal details
- A record of the communications we have sent to you and any responses to such communications
- Your contact preferences.
- Your current job title, employer and work email addresses
- Previous role(s) and job title
What we use your information for
Unless you have requested otherwise, the information you provide is used by the business to communicate with you. These may include:
- Providing you with the services and information you asked for
- The promotion of benefits and services available to you
- The promotion of By Word of Mouth
- Distribution of business mailings (e.g. brochures, invitations, newsletters)
We track website visits and use analytical tools, such as Google Analytics, to use this information to improve our website.
How long is personal data held?
Personal data is held in line with our Records Management Policy and Schedule, this is available upon request.
We may have to share your personal information with third parties, including our third party service providers where necessary to administer the working relationship with you, where we have another legitimate interest in doing so or where required by law. We require third parties to respect the security of your personal information and to treat it in accordance with the law. We may transfer your personal data outside of Europe. If we do, we will ensure your personal data is adequately protected.
Your right to make changes or ask us to stop using your data
You are in control of your data and have the right to opt-out of all or specific communications types at any point.
You also have the right to request copies of the data held about you, to do so please email a ‘Subject Access Request’ to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond with the information you requested.
If you have a concern about how your data is being handled
You can contact the business via our website. In addition, you can raise any concerns direct with the Information Commissioner Office (ICO).
Changes to the Privacy Statement
In the interested of being transparent, we may amend this Privacy Statement from time to time. Any significant changes to this Policy or to the way we treat your data will be communicated via our website.
If you have any questions which you feel have not been answered by this Privacy Statement, please do not hesitate to contact us by email to email@example.com or write to: By Word of Mouth Ltd, 19-26 Glenville Mews, Kimber Road, London SW18 4NJ